GLOBAL PR MANAGER
Are you passionate about PR and the power of word-of-mouth? Would you like to work on awesome brands, which are a WoM dream and will have journalists/bloggers salivating and clawing at your door (we jest not!)? Well, we may just have your perfect job! We are looking for a PR guru with proven experience across PR/media relations/blogger outreach/affiliate marketing to own PR for our extensive portfolio of craft spirits and liqueurs.
Salary band: £40,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: Global Head of Marketing
Atom Brands is the product development and manufacturing business unit within Atom Group which also includes Maverick Drinks (UK distribution) and Master of Malt (global online retail). Our brands include Ableforth’s (Bathtub Gin), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, The Blended Whisky Co, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!
In the last 5 years, our brands have won dozens of global awards (World’s Best - Blended Whisky, Blended Malt, Grain Whisky, Liqueur, Gin, Spiced Rum & Pre-mixed Cocktail - many on multiple occasions) regularly triumphing in blind tastings against some of the world’s largest and longest-established products from businesses three orders of magnitude larger than ours. This speaks to our no-compromise approach to creation and crafting. We make the best - we don’t work backwards from price-points or seek to ‘fill gaps’.
What you’ll be expected to do
- Creation, ownership and ongoing measurement of a PR/WoM marketing strategy across media relations/blogger outreach/affiliate marketing.
- Ownership of global journalist contacts in both the consumer and trade world; our face of the business with regards to journalist enquiries.
- Ownership of all blogger outreach/influencer marketing campaigns, working with various influencers within our business e.g. Brand Ambassadors, Head of Whisky.
- Working across and with the marketing team on the ideation of campaign ideas for PR/WoM and the integration of these ideas across the marketing-mix.
- Working with the Global Content Manager on the creation of all PR content/releases. In some instances this may require you to write this content, but most of the brand content generation belongs to the Content Manager. You will need to guide them on what you require within the PR/WoM channels.
- Creation and ownership of an on-going affiliate/influencer programme, which may be with a variety of potential audiences: HNWIs/journalists/industry experts.
- PR/WoM campaign management, this may or may not include the use of a global agency network. Initially probably not, over time agency requirements may develop. To start with, you will be our PR agency.
- You will be our PR guru, bringing everything new and exciting in the world of PR into our business.
- We know that PR works for our brands. As well as executing the strategy, you will be responsible for measuring and evaluating all global PR initiatives to ensure a positive ROI on all activity. Making recommendations to improve what we do as you go.
- It’s not a prerequisite, but the willingness to learn about and love our discerning craft spirits through time with our ambassadors and at events will be expected.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- PR/marketing/communications degree or enough proven experience in PR.
- A net-worker, you will have an enviable network already
- Extensive proven PR campaign experience
- Experience in: blogger outreach and affiliate/influencer marketing.
- Creative PR ideation, you will rock-up to the interview with examples which will blow us away
- Ability to work fast and accurately to provide world class PR marketing solutions
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills. We should love you within the first two minutes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage your own day and a fluctuating workload
- Agency experience, either working-in or working with
- Industry experience: craft, spirits, discerning brands. If you lack this, then a demonstrable appreciation of all things fine
- Strong writing skills
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- Appreciation of the full marketing-mix and how it integrates together
- Familiar with the Google Suite of apps
- This is a global role, so a second language would be helpful
- Already a PR guru
- Passionate, self-starter - prepared to make a positive difference. To begin with this will be a hands-on role
- Innovative and original in your approach to PR/WoM
- A creative mind
- Excellent attention to detail, and to grammar and punctuation
- A real genuine, honest people person
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, ability to switch between projects and brands seamlessly
Why work for us?
We want to make sure that you love working for us as much as we love having you be part of our team. Below are just some of the reasons why you should join us....
- Workplace pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- A relaxed working environment
- Flexible working
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh, and you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Global PR Marketing Manager role, then please apply now and send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within four weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.