Graphic Designer (New Product development)
We need an exceptionally creative, dedicated graphic designer who will constantly strive for beauty in all they do, defy convention and challenge the norm.
Salary band: Highly competitive
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: NPD (New Product Development) Manager
Reporting to the New Product Development Manager we are delighted to offer an amazing opportunity to be part of the busy NPD team at Atom Group - owner of award-winning retail and drinks brands including Master of Malt, Ableforth's (Bathtub Gin), Drinks by the Dram, That Boutique-y Gin Company, That Boutique-y Whisky Company and our dynamic distribution arm, Maverick Drinks.
Based in Tunbridge Wells, this is a hugely exciting chance to be part of a growing business which defies convention.
Our NPD team work alongside all areas of the business in helping Atom Group continue its stratospheric rise as a leader of innovation and disruption in the drinks industry. You'll be challenged, in demand and you'll be a valuable member of a busy team.
What you’ll be expected to do
- Produce early concept sketches, iterate designs and ultimately create high-fidelity mock-ups and final production assets
- Design and develop innovative artwork for labels and packaging.
- Manage and create artwork, making sure it fits in with the marketing and branding schemes for the product
- Make sure final artwork is up to the Company's expectation and ready for sign off
- Make changes as required by approving authorities
- Check artwork is ready for print production
- Be proactive in pushing projects forward by chasing stakeholders and checking that projects are on track.
- Contributing creative ideas and input to all project briefs including visual research
- Continually keep yourself and all relevant members of the business updated with the latest changes in relevant standards, thinking and design
- Work closely with Compliance to ensure adherence to appropriate regulations and guidelines
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a creative discipline
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in design role (5 years plus is desirable)
- Previous role in luxury and/or drinks packaging desirable
- Highly creative with an extensive portfolio of work
- Strong educational background in design
- Strong skills within the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) is essential
- 3D modelling experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent ability to manage and deliver high quality responses for projects to (sometimes tight) deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to work across multiple tasks and projects whilst providing accurate time estimates for each part of the process
- Experience in working with internal clients to take projects briefs, with ability to uphold brand style guidelines to produce work to a suitable style
- Ability to use your experience and knowledge to actively contribute to team creative brainstorms
- Ability to translate concepts and business objectives to branding and brand guidelines (all your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the new Graphic Designer to Atom Brands, then please apply now and send your CV and any covering letter to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within four weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.