HEAD OF PR AND COMMUNICATIONS
Are you passionate about communication and the power of content and word-of-mouth? Would you like to work on awesome brands and mould a team to get the world talking about what we do? Well, we may just have your perfect job! We are looking for a PR Guru to manage a communications team, capable of driving word-of-mouth via digital channels for and on our brands by creating compelling communication to and for consumers and journalists/bloggers alike.
Department/Section: Global Marketing - Atom Brands
Salary range: Highly Competitive
Place of work: Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: Global Head of Marketing
This is a hugely exciting chance to be part of a growing drinks business which defies convention and was recently named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100
Atom Brands is the product development and manufacturing business unit within Atom Group which also includes Maverick Drinks (UK distribution) and Master of Malt (global online retail). Our brands include Ableforth’s (Bathtub Gin), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, The Blended Whisky Co, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!
In the last 5 years, our brands have won dozens of global awards (World’s Best - Blended Whisky, Blended Malt, Grain Whisky, Liqueur, Gin, Spiced Rum & Pre-mixed Cocktail - many on multiple occasions) regularly triumphing in blind tastings against some of the world’s largest and longest-established products from businesses three orders of magnitude larger than ours. This speaks to our no-compromise approach to creation and crafting. We make the best - we don’t work backwards from price-points or seek to ‘fill gaps’.
Essentials of the job
- Management of the communication team to ensure that we get the world talking about our brands by creating compelling communication through content, creativity and digital channels.
- Measurement and evaluation of all communication programmes to ensure a positive ROI, making recommendations for improving what we do as we move forward.
- Creation, ownership and ongoing measurement of a PR/WoM marketing strategy across media relations/blogger outreach/affiliate marketing
- Ownership of global journalist contacts in both the consumer and trade world; our face of the business with regards to journalist enquiries
- Ownership of all blogger outreach/influencer marketing campaigns, working with various influencers within our business e.g. Brand Ambassadors, Head of Whisky
- Working across and with the marketing team on the ideation of campaign ideas for PR/WoM and the integration of these ideas across the marketing-mix
- Managing the Global Content Managers on the creation of all PR content/releases. In some instances this may require you to write this content, but most of the brand content generation belongs to the Content Managers.
- Creation and ownership of an on-going affiliate/influencer programme, which may be with a variety of potential audiences: HNWIs/journalists/industry experts
- PR/WoM campaign management, this may or may not include the use of a global agency network. Initially probably not, over time agency requirements may develop. To start with, you will be our PR agency
- You will be our PR guru, bringing everything new and exciting in the world of PR into our business
- We know that PR works for our brands. As well as executing the strategy, you will be responsible for measuring and evaluating all global PR initiatives to ensure a positive ROI on all activity. Making recommendations to improve what we do as you go
- The willingness to learn about and love our discerning craft spirits through time with our ambassadors and at events will be expected, but strong existing category knowledge is ideal.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- PR/marketing/communications degree or a track-record of excellence in PR.
- A net-worker, you will have an enviable network already
- Extensive proven PR campaign experience
- Experience in: blogger outreach and affiliate/influencer marketing.
- Creative PR ideation, you will rock up to the interview with examples which will blow us away
- Ability to work fast and accurately to provide world class PR marketing solutions
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills. We should love you within the first two minutes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage your own day and a fluctuating workload
- Agency experience, either working-in or working with
- Line management experience
- Industry experience: craft, spirits, discerning brands. If you lack this, then a demonstrable appreciation of all things fine
- Strong writing skills
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
- Appreciation of the full marketing-mix and how it integrates together
- Familiar with the Google Suite of apps
- This is a global role, so a second language would be helpful
- Already a PR guru
- Passionate, self-starter - prepared to make a positive difference. To begin with this will be a hands-on role
- Innovative and original in your approach to PR/WoM
- A creative mind
- Excellent attention to detail, and to grammar and punctuation
- A real genuine, honest people person
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, ability to switch between projects and brands seamlessly
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working - We’re focussed on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work.
- Free food - A hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.
- Free fancy coffee - George Clooney endorsed, no less…
- A relaxed working environment - There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge - The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days - Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range - Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence - National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.
If you think you have got what it takes to be our next Head of PR and Communications, Apply now! firstname.lastname@example.org!
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within four weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.