Are you a maestro in the spirits logistics field? Well, look no further…. we are looking for someone with significant experience in the successful management of alcohol logistics to deliver an efficient and profitable supply chain for Atom Brands’ international and domestic spirits movements.
Salary band: Highly Competitive
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: Head of Global Sales - Atom Brands
Our philosophy is simple. We make liquids that are the best that they can possibly be, and package them in a way that is awesome. We don’t compromise, we don’t cheap out, we don’t cut corners and we don’t strive to fill niches or build back from arbitrarily-defined price-points. We build the very best liquids that we can. Day-in, day-out.
Atom Brands has won several significant awards in its own right including IWSC Gin producer of the year 2017, and Overall Gin Master, and Grand Spirits Master at the Spirits Masters 2017, and is part of the Atom Group, a rapidly growing business that touches every part of the global spirits industry.
What you’ll be expected to do
You’ll be expected to build, lead and manage a team of shipping controllers and maximize the efficiency and profitability of the global Atom Brands supply chain as follows:
- Manage domestic and foreign hauliers, customs clearance agents, consolidators and other logistics providers
- Build strong relationships with logistics and storage providers, and negotiate supplier contracts
- Work closely with other operational teams across the business to improve delivery performance
- Track stock movements, ensuring up to date records of all inventory and raw materials
- Work with the Excise Compliance Manager to put systems and training in place to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, both within and outside the UK
- Troubleshoot logistics issues as they arise
- Drive a culture of high health and safety (H&S) standards
- Work with the fulfilment team to constantly improve our transport packaging and minimise loss and damage
- Create and maintain a highly organised system of documentation and training
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally, experience working with/for an alcohol production business
- Excellent understanding of the compliance rules and regulations that apply to moving spirits internationally
- Experience of working within a bonded environment and of dealing with HMRC
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation, with proficiency in all related paperwork
- Comprehensive knowledge of EMCS, CHIEF and associated documents
- Understanding of the process to obtain an MGN for underbond shipments
- Knowledge of shipping dangerous goods (all bulk spirits)
- Excellent awareness of H&S around the receipt and distribution of alcohol
- Strong people management experience, including building, leading and developing at team
- Highly numerate, proficient in relevant software tools and strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Ambitious high-performer
- Able to empower and develop a world class logistics team
- Strong awareness of different cultures with a diplomatic approach to conflict
- Excellent customer service ethic
- Highly efficient in your work practices and able to prioritise efficiently
Why work for us?
Well, other than all the usual stuff that any normal company should give pensions, childcare vouchers, cycle2work scheme), we've got...
- Free food
- Endless fancy coffee (George Clooney endorsed)
- A relaxed working environment
- Flexible working
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh! And you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
This is a hugely exciting chance to be part of a growing drinks business which defies convention and was recently named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. If you feel that you meet the criteria to be our new Logisitics Manager, then please apply now.
Alongside your CV, we would love to hear in your covering letter about what excites you about working with us, and a previous logisitics plan you implemented that was a stroke of genius. Send it all over to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within four weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.