TECHNICAL ADMIN ASSISTANT
Do you have exceptional IT skills and strong numerical skills? Are you a whizz with spreadsheets? We are looking for someone who is highly organised to assist the NPD (New Product Development) team in the planning, execution and successful delivery of new and existing products.
Salary band: Highly competitive
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: NPD (New Product Development) Manager
Salary band: £18,000
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: NPD Product Project Manager
NPD is all about bringing new products to life, packaging some of the world’s best spirits in the most beautiful ways. We are innovative and defy convention to create something truly incredible.
It’s not just new products though, existing products can always be made better, ‘good enough isn’t’! There is always new technology and techniques being brought to market, and it is part of our job to make sure we are always educating ourselves in new avenues of development.
We work very closely with all departments to ensure that the process is as seamless as possible. From conception to launch, teamwork and communication is very important with the many moving parts of ATOM, making our launches effective and successful.
In a few years we have grown as a department by about 600% and developed in excess of 1000 products across all of our various brands, a huge accomplishment, but this is just the beginning….
Atom Brands has won several significant awards in its own right including IWSC Gin producer of the year 2017 and Overall Gin Master. We’ve also scooped the Grand Spirits Master at the Spirits Masters 2017.
Atom Brands is part of the Atom Group, a rapidly growing business that touches every part of the global spirits industry.
Essentials of the job
- Support the NPD team in the successful development of products we manufacture.
- Set up new products on the system including accurately creating stub products and data entry.
- Accurately produce initial product costs/prices for review.
- Organise and maintain product databases.
- Help to coordinate internal bottlings, providing information to production.
- Keep Google docs/sheets up to date, carry out data entry and produce reports when required.
- Assist in providing the accounts department with stock takes of relevant holdings.
- Organise sampling of prospective products.
- Liaise with production to organise dilution of liquid samples. Build complex spreadsheets and redevelop existing sheets when required.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong numeracy skills with a minimum grade B in Maths GCSE (or equivalent).
- Strong computer knowledge including the use of Google Apps, MS Office and Windows.
- The ability to use and build complex spreadsheets and a good understanding of formulae.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible approach, able to adapt to an ever-changing work and field environment
- Keen interest in spirits
- Eager to learn and gain new experience
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working - We’re focussed on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work.
- Free food - A hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.
- Free fancy coffee - George Clooney endorsed, no less...
- A relaxed working environment - There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge - The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days - Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range - Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence - National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc...day? We got it covered.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the NPD Technical Assistant role, then please apply now and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within four weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.